How do I get a WWCC and a Police check?

Parents are required to follow the relevant your state legislation regarding the employment of babysitters and nannies. Two documents commonly used for screening are the 'Working With Children Check' (WWCC) and a Police Check.

In most states a WWCC is required by babysitters working for organisations (like agencies), but not when they are working independently.  A majority of our babysitters already have a WWCC or Blue Card due to university course requirements or work experience.

The WWCC is different to a police check in that it is a detailed search for child-related offences, including employment proceedings and AVOs (Apprehended Violence Orders).

A Federal or State Police Check can be obtained by a babysitter or nanny herself from the local police station for a small fee. The police check will reveal any convictions such as driving offences and theft. 


NSW Police check Information

NSW Working with Children Check Information

VIC Police Check Information

VIC Working with Children Check Information

QLD Police Check Information

QLD Blue Card (WWC) Information

WA Police Check Information

WA Working with Children Information

SA Police Check Information

SA Working with Children Check Information

Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.